Narayanganj Club Limited, one of the oldest recreational clubs of Bangladesh, was established way back in 1893 by the Europeans living in this part of the world during the British regime. At that time it was known as ‘European Club’ and mainly used for the amusement of the Europeans who used to travel to Narayanganj , known as Dandee of the East, for their trade and commerce.
The club eventually became very popular amongst its members and gained reputation at home and abroad for its outstanding recreational facilities and service quality. After the demise of the colonial era, the Club was named as ‘Narayanganj Club’ in 1947. The club is now enlisted with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies (RJSC) with more than 1200 dignified club members.